MY HAPPEE FAMILEE !!

MY HAPPEE FAMILEE !!

Monday, March 29, 2010

We RAN & RAN & RAN!

Saturday, March 27, 2010....also MY DAD'S BIRTHDAY....There was a local 5k run sponsored by Goldenwest Credit Union. It's a tradition around here, and all the money goes to the schools in our district. My parents, Logan and I signed up...oh, and so did Sarah and her neighbors... off we all went at 8:30am! We were all a little concerned at how Logan would do...my dad volunteered to stay back with him if he needed to walk...but I had a feeling he'd do just fine...



My little seven year old not only did "just fine" but he did AWESOME!!!! He actually RAN the WHOLE way!!!! ALL 5k/3 miles!!! He even kept going when we got to a BIG hill, and did NOT want to stop at the "water table" to get a drink!! He also kept asking me if we could GO FASTER!! I told him "no", and to just keep going at a steady pace so we'd be able to finish. I have a feeling he could have gone faster the whole way had I just let him. I am just SOOO proud of him! We crossed the finish line in 37 minutes!! Pretty good, eh?!

I wish I had gotten a picture of ALL of us...but my camera was back at the van....Here's the STAR of the run; my little, amazing LOGAN!!!



Oh yeah....one more little story...near the start, he tripped and fell onto his knee's and complained that his hands hurt too..but we rubbed them, patted the knee's and kept on going! Once the race was over, he wanted to look at his knees, and sure enough they were covered with dried blood. It was then that Logan started to LIMP and complain that they hurt!!!! I had to laugh!! (I'm so glad we didn't take a peek at them DURING the race!) Good times!! Good memories!

1 comment:

  1. Wow congrats to all of you especially Logan on a great accomplishment for a worthwhile cause! Wonderful !!
    Aunt Gayla

    ReplyDelete