MY HAPPEE FAMILEE !!

MY HAPPEE FAMILEE !!

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Park City Lego Art

On Friday, November 13, 2009, Justin, Logan and I drove up to Park City to view an art display called "Art of the Brick." It has been in Park City at the Art Museum, and this weekend was it's last. All these pieces were done by one man, and they were absolutley AMAZING!!!! The pictures don't do it justice, but I did take lots of photo's to share! There was so much detail put into each piece! It was fascinating!
I kept telling Logan that we could EASILY go home and make these! HA! I wish!


The artist wanted YOU to decide if this "red man" was sinking or exploding out!!! Hmmmm.......


Justin and I both loved this one! It was creative and amazing that he made the man's reflection!! Wow!


Freaky or Creative??!!


This was Logan's VERY favorite of all of them!!! He absolutley LOVED it!!!


Look!! Logan is holding the pencil! Now he can take it to school!!! (He did keep talking the rest of the night about what he'd do IF he could take it to school, and just how he'd use it!!! ) Funny imagination!!


Justin and I !


This was BIG! And on the other side, it actually had PINK fingernails!!!


Logan and Justin are "breaking out" too!!!


Check out the DETAIL!!! Amazing!!!




Very Cool eh??!!


Logan and I want to try to build this with our own Lego's!


Very UNIQUE!!


This is for all you Beetles fans!! Can you tell what it is???


If you look closely you can see each individual Lego piece!!! Fascinating!!


Once we were all done, we walked up and down mainstreet, went into a few shops, then drove around for a bit. Justin used to work at an Architectural Firm in Park City, so he showed us where his office was, and also lots of the buildings and homes he designed! It was great to look at all the other beautiful homes up there too!

We went to dinner, then headed back to Layton to watch the movie, "Where the Wild Things Are." I still have that book memorized, from when I used to read it to Logan over and over and over and OVER again! It was fun to watch Logan laugh and smile, but.....well, I wasn't too thrilled with the movie! And Justin, who had NEVER read the book had no idea what the point of the movie was! We actually came home and read him the book, and then he understood better! So....consider yourself warned, READ THE BOOK FIRST!!!

What a night!!! Too much fun!!!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! All those legos are super neat!!! What a fun adventure!!

    ReplyDelete