Courtney and Jake came over, and first we "soaked" the eggs in the various colors, then using some "egg kits" we added stickers and paint!
Courtney's work of art....
Logan and Jake's........
FINALLY after a big mess....and quite some time, we now have TWO DOZEN "beautiful" eggs!
SECOND EASTER TRADITION!!!!
In my house growing up, Sunday was the day that we remembered when Jesus Christ was resurrected. It was a sacred, holy day....a day that remained only for Him. I have also continued that tradition, hoping to teach Logan the REAL meaning of the Easter Holiday.
So....that meant the EASTER BUNNY CAME ON SATURDAY!!!!!!! My favorite memories were when I had to "hunt" for my Easter basket...or rather "follow the string"! So, the Easter Bunny in our house does the same thing!!!!
And here's what Logan got this year!!!!
NEXT TRADITION......
Sadly.....I always take Logan to a local Easter egg hunt at a park....but guess what??!!! I FORGOT MY CAMERA!!! So sad!!! Anyway, my Aunt Bev joined us (she's visiting here from Canada) and we all had a great THREE MINUTES watching Logan collect eggs! It's a fun tradition....and Aunt Bev and Uncle Richard sure enjoyed munching on Logan's candy for the rest of the day!!!
ANOTHER TRADITION......
My mom likes to do an egg hunt for EVERYONE in the backyard! There were eggs for the kids with their names on them, then each adult had ONE egg to find with our names, and then there was a silver egg containing $1 and a gold egg containing $5 for ANYONE to find! It was great fun....and we're sure glad the snow melted in time for the hunt!!!
P.S. My aunt Bev and Uncle Richard, and my cousin Camellia and her husband, Doug were with us from Canada for the conference/Easter weekend, and also my aunt Sharon and Uncle Jim Walker joined us too (they were taking the picture!) So fun to have family with us!
LAST TRADITION!!!!! (I promise!)
When all the men go off on Saturday night to attend the General Priesthood session of General Conference, the rest of us women and kids try to plan something fun! This year we decided to make........
P.S. Camellia made THIS ONE!!!!
Sarah saw on a friends blog, these cute bunny cookies, so we got all the fixins' and went to it!
EVERYONE helped...not just the kids! We had to laugh....because we really DO NOT think they look like bunnies AT ALL! More like mice, or cats perhaps! Either way, we all had a good laugh!
THANKS EVERYONE!!!
It was a wonderful weekend...and great to have out-of-town guests!!! HAPPY EASTER!
Looks like so much fun! I was just thinking I wish I had someone to do something fun with on Saturday night. Maybe I will next conference. But having lots of family around sure makes things alot funner huh? Great traditions!!
ReplyDeleteI love to hear about your traditions. I love all the memories your family and you are builiding for your kids:) Happy Easter!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun Easter you had. I love the Bunny cookie idea, maybe I'll try that with my girls.
ReplyDeleteWhat great memories for all the family! The pics are so good too! Glad you had company to make it extra special. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteAunt G.
Looks like GREAT traditions you have over there! I love those cookies, they are so cute!
ReplyDelete